Binkley Horticultural Services, Inc. is looking for a gardener that is detail-oriented and has 2 years of formal horticultural education/training and 2 years of gardening or landscape maintenance experience, preferably in public garden or private estate. A strong team player with a flexible mindset and a passion for horticulture and design, experience in container gardening a must, as is a valid drivers license. Having knowledge of native plants, meadow gardening, and floral design is a plus and being bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Support Displays Coordinator with the install, maintenance, and rotation of detail oriented 4-Season planters, garden beds, and meadows. This individual must have the ability to perform a full range of horticultural tasks and duties with minimum guidance, including:
- The installation and maintenance of seasonal planters and garden beds, which include diverse plantings of annuals, tropicals, perennials, shrubs, grasses, and bulbs.
- Skilled with hand watering, fertilization, dead-heading, and monitoring the well being of plantings as required.
- Perform detailed oriented, seasonal landscape work normally required in the trade of gardening, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work such as, pruning of various climbers and shrubs, weeding, clean up, and mulching.
- Responsible for and operate gardening tools and equipment such as weed eaters, leaf blowers, and lawn mowers.
Ideal candidate has:
- the ability to pass a state background check
- the ability to lift 50 + lbs
- a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- dependability, punctuality, honesty and respectfulness
- the ability to follow precise instructions and carry them out
- the ability to work for 6+ hours a day on their feet in hot, cool and dirty conditions
Seasonal/Hourly/ Annually Reoccurring
Monday – Friday, Saturdays optional
Based on experience
Send Resumes to:
Erica Boston, owner